Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee is a one-to-four-player fighting game of epic scope. Aliens have traveled to Earth and are using mind control to take power over the planet’s giant monsters in an attempt to destroy our greatest cities. In the single player game players must battle as their favorite giant monster against other escapees from Monster Island in titan-to-titan combat to protect the planet and its civilians.
In addition to the single-player story mode the game includes four additional play styles: Versus mode pitting between one and four players against each other in an epic battle royal; Destruction mode a timed challenge to see which player can destroy more of a city in a given amount of time; and Survival mode the ultimate test of a player’s skill pitting him against monster after monster with the score based on the number of enemies defeated before losing a match.
- More than 14 officially licensed and faithfully recreated Toho monsters including fan favorites like Godzilla 2000 Mechagodzilla King Ghidorah and Mothra
- Approximately 10 massive real-world and fantasy locations of city-wide scale including San Francisco Seattle Tokyo and the notorious Monster Island
- Highly detailed arenas that include working traffic lights blinking neon signs and moving cars buses and tanker trucks
- Up to four-person multiplayer for grand scale melee-style showdowns
- Basic fighting maneuvers like kicks punches jumps and blocks are augmented with specialized projectile weapons
- Grabs and throws including special throws and combos as well as the ability to pick up and throw items within the areas such as small buildings gas tanker trucks and cargo ships
- Fully destructible environments – buildings crumble under the power of the giant beasts – once destroyed pieces of he ruined architecture can be picked up and thrown at opponents
- Easy-to-learn hard-to-master hand-to-hand combat gameplay
- A robust combo system and special attacks that are unique to each creature’s abilities from the original movies
- Power-ups dropped into the arena by alien ships and hidden within city buildings providing health and other enhanced abilities
- Hidden unlockable characters areas and art studio