Eagerly awaited and grand fighting game which gathers Nintendo’s celebrities together with third party guests for a star studded slam fest without equal! For everyone who loves to see Nintendo’s characters test their mettle against each other.
- The following newcomers have so far (2013/11/22) been revealed: Mega Man Wii Fit Trainer and Villager (from the Animal Crossing series).
- The following veterans have so far (2013/11/22) been confirmed: Pit (Kid Icarus: Uprising) Bowser Pikachu Fox (Star Fox) Kirby Samus (Metroid) Link Donkey Kong Mario Pikmin & Olimar Luigi Peach Toon Link Sonic and Marth (Fire Emblem).
- Several gameplay details have been remade – the infamous tripping function from Super Smash Bros. Brawl is gone and the speed has been enhanced compared to that game.
- You’ll be able to link the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U versions to each other (not yet clear in which ways). But you won’t be able to play against someone with the Wii U version if you have the Nintendo 3DS version since each version has several unique stages.
- The moves the characters and the items will be pretty much the same between the versions. On the other hand the Nintendo 3DS version will have several exclusive stages which are based on games for Nintendo’s handheld consoles like one Kid Icarus: Uprising stage and one nintendogs + cats stage.